Friday, August 26, 2011

Love's Master by Gabrielle Bisset



I knew as soon as I started this book that I would like it just because it was set in Victoriania.
I have a thing for corset drama (Cols Mountain, Little Dorrit, Howard's End, Gosford Park.)
As I read I could imagine the locations, decor and clothing. I could think about the food.
This book was a sensual feast for everything- locations, clothing, food, decor. Alas my heart did not race when I read the sex scenes.
Maybe because I felt once a sex scene started it was over so fast- almost like a premature ejaculation, the book called me to read more. See if I would come across at least one really hot romp between the two leads.
In that this book flew by.
I found the story sweet, the romance simple and wonderful.
I ordered a new book to distract myself from finishing but I ended up reading the end of Love's Master before bed.
I saw the plot twist early but I didn't mind.
I like this book because of the writing style and the time period.
I would have loved it had the sex been raunchier.


Update:
Now, a few days later as I think about this book I really like it. 
A lot. J
Just as it is written
I just have a dirty mind.




UP NEXT:

Ransom Riggs


Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children by Ransom Rigg  



No comments:

Post a Comment